Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pune Diary..!!


Well, it has been almost 3 years since I shifted to Pune for my post grad. The minute I landed I had this weird feeling as though I had taken the wrong flight and landed in a wrong place. I felt like my last days were coming, I mean I thought I landed in an Arab country. The reason, let me tell you- Almost literally all the girls here tie up their faces with bed sheet sized shawls. I mean, what if I winked at a girl and she winks back and reveals that she’s got no nose? Man, in this city I feel like a blind man on a tour to Taj mahal. Anyway, I think I’m exaggerating too much.

My blog, poor thing, if it was my wife or something it would have poured kerosene on me and set me ablaze.. :)

This part of the country is so damn different. These guys dance for everything. I mean everything. Well this reminds me that I’ve landed in Maharashtra. For one, I don’t know Marathi that well. To top that, when I speak to them with my silly broken Marathi, you can imagine how pissing it can be. If you belong to the Thackrey family, make note, I should top the list- “To be kicked out.” But anyway, I’ve fallen in love with this city. I mean, what else to fall in love with? Girls? I’ll tell you when I get to see them. But seriously, love this city. It has the right mix. Not too crowded, no big traffic jams, no road rage..
So yeah, after 3 months of life without a television, we finally bought one. Since then, German Bakery Attack is the name spinning in my head all day. Damn these terrorists.!!

And what’s this shit all about? I’ll just talk a line and chak comes the reply- Are you from Nagpur?? and I’ll be like - “Where the hell did you get that from?”

Anyway, I have loads to write about. But then, have something planned for now. So, until next time, take good care, see ya.

By the way, I ask these girls why they cover up their faces like lady terrorists; and they tell me- “Pollution.” Shit-o-shit. Crap-o-crap..

No comments:

Post a Comment