Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Airborne


Running with echoing footsteps
on my terrace
flying paper kites colourful and brigh

Watching my kite conquering the sky
splattered with clouds
soaring with birds taking flight

I felt bitter sweet nostalgia gripping me
going down the memory lane
Reminiscing childhood days

When I've flown kites and paper plane

I wish I were a kite
escalating to heights
creating rungs to the sky
chasing unfulfilled dreams
eyes with leaping imagination
discovering new lands
across the unknown boundaries
challenging the gusting winds
unceasing to ensuing predicaments
 
I'm at awe, at how just a bit of paper
grows wings and transcends horizons
while I'm here grounded for life
yet to sprout roots underneath
 
I wish I were a kite
with wisdom controlling my chaotic sanity
like the string monitoring the kite
from running amuck..

No comments:

Post a Comment