Thursday, January 3, 2013

Voice of a Victim



They tore my Body,
My pain was their pleasure..
The trauma I went through,
Can anyone measure?


They not only destroyed my body,
But also my soul..
That holds all my Dreams,
And my each and every goal..

Can they give myself,
Back to me again?
Restore and repair,
Put back everything as same?


I'm raped if I wear a skirt, I'm raped if I wear a sari..
I'm raped if I wear a gown, I'm raped if I wear a pant..
I'm raped at anytime, I'm raped at any place..
I'm raped if I'm grandmother, mother, teenage girl or even an infant..


I'm raped physically,
Those wounds still didn't heal..
Society also raped me, but emotionally,
These verbal scars, to whom shall I reveal?


I'm raped by my Dad
when my Mom wasn't around..
I was blackmailed to keep it a secret, and warned,
On this there shouldn't be any sound..


I'm raped by my Husband,
Nobody came to my rescue..
Even when I screamed and cried out with pain,
"There is nothing wrong in it!" was their view..


I'm raped by my Teacher,
When he took me to the dark room..
If I've opened my mouth anywhere,
Threatened me that he would fail me soon..


Mother in prostitution,
Sold me for money..
Motherhood died the moment,
She used me for penny..


When the crime was yours
Why should I feel like filth?
When the crime was yours
Why should I bear guilt?


Mind you! Mind you!!
I am stronger than you believe, assume not I am weak!
For I am fighting against this cruel and mean world
Though I don't get the support and justice I seek!


No comments:

Post a Comment